Drug Addiction & Alcoholism Symptoms
Problems with alcohol and drugs come in many forms, but there are many different signs of alcoholism and drug addiction. Below is an alcoholism and drug addiction test which indicates various symptoms of alcoholism, alcohol dependence and drug addiction.
Alcoholics and Drug Addicts in the Family
If you believe your husband, wife or significant other is having a problem with alcohol or drugs this test can be used to help you understand better if that is in fact the case. Just fill it out with the best information you have. Just remember this is not a medical evaluation. It is just a baseline to go by and get people thinking about if in fact they do need help.
This test is not intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical or emotional condition. We advise consulting a doctor about any concerns you may have regarding this questionnaire.
The purpose of this survey is to give you some insight into whether or not you or someone you know may have a problem with drugs or alcohol.
Most of the questions below can be considered a warning sign that someone is having alcohol or drug abuse issues. If you see just a couple of these signs in a person, take it seriously; they could be experiencing a life threatening condition and need to seek help.
Drug & Alcohol Problem Questionnaire
Warning Signs of Alcoholism or Drug Addiction
- Do you lose time from work due to your drinking or drug use?
- Is your drinking or drug use making your home life unhappy?
- Do you drink or use drugs because you are shy with other people?
- Is drinking or drug use affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking or drug use?
- Have you got into financial difficulties because of your drinking or drug use?
- Do you turn to lower companions and inferior environment when drinking or using drugs?
- Does your drinking or drug use make you careless of your families welfare?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking or drug use?
- Do you crave a drink or drugs at a definite time daily?
- Do you want a drink or drugs the next morning?
- Does drinking or drug use cause you difficulty in sleeping?
- Has your efficiency decreased since drinking or drug use?
- Is drinking or drug use jeopardising your job or business?
- Do you drink or use drugs to escape from worries or troubles?
- Do you drink or use drugs alone?
- Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking or drug use?
- Has your physician ever treated you for drinking or drug use?
- Do you drink or use drugs to build up your self confidence?
- Have you ever been in a hospital or institution as a result of drinking or drug use?
Drug & Alcohol Problem Evaluation
- If you or someone you know answered YES to any three of the questions, there is a definite warning that there may be a problem.
- If you or someone you know answered YES to any four of these questions, the chances are that there is a problem.
- If you or someone you know answered YES to five or more of these questions, most likely there is a problem.
If your children are having a problem with alcohol or drugs, this is always a concern and needs to be taken seriously. Nobody wants to watch their children fight an addiction. However, help is available, and many times the best gift you can give your son or daughter is an opportunity at a life of sobriety.
We regularly get calls from people who are concerned about their mother or father drinking or using. Approaching them about the issue can be very difficult, as they are suppose to be the role models; and in a situation like this, the roles have to change in order to do what is best for them and get them the drug and alcohol treatment they need.
Drug & Alcohol Abuse by your Friends
This questions above can also be used for to help identify friends and acquaintances who are struggling with drug and alcohol abuse. We can help discuss with you the best way to proceed about getting them to seek the life saving help they may need.
Drug Use and Alcoholism in the Workplace
Studies show that drug addiction and alcoholism in the workplace costs companies immense amounts of money in lost productivity and medical premiums. Many times it is much better for corporate responsibility and the expense of recruitment and replacement of an employee to treat them rather then dismiss them.