Any man or women regularly drinking to excess must stop ignoring their problem and seek much needed professional rehab assistance. Failure to do so will see the slide into alcoholism deepen.
The longer this drinking habit continues, the deeper health, personal and relationship issues will become.
Two tried and tested methods of rehab assistance should be considered and we will consider both.
This type of treatment can be started via several different routes. A person can go to their health practitioner, explain the current situation and request information on treatment. They can also ask for information on local outpatient rehab facilities.
In conjunction with this it is recommended that a person takes advantage of the voluntary organisation’s in their local area such as Alcoholics Anonymous.
Outpatient treatment and counselling is most certainly a step in the right direction as advice, guidance and encouragement will be provided.
On the potential downside, anyone taking this route will remain in the same environment that helped fuel their drinking problem in the first place.
This means that between appointments a person will need to resist the familiar temptations and distractions that have placed them in their current situation. This can be very challenging, particularly during the early stages of treatment. Those opting for this approach should discuss relapse issues at length with their chosen councillor.
A stay at a respected inpatient rehab is seen by many to be the most effective route to overcome alcohol dependence. Here are some of the reasons why
- A new environment – It cannot be stressed strongly enough how spending time in a new environment that is focused on helping a person with alcohol dependence issues can be.
- A fresh start – If a person has made the brave decision to seek assistance they deserve every chance of overcoming alcohol dependence. An inpatient stay will offer this.
- Comfortable facilities – Private, comfortable accommodation will be offered, dedicated dining areas with a healthy menu and set-meal times are an integral part of the set-up. These relaxed communal areas give a person the chance to benefit from the balanced meals available, and to mix with others currently undergoing treatment. There will also be fitness areas, swimming pools, meditation and yoga areas as well as relaxing outdoor areas that are conducive to positive contemplation.
- Individual treatment: There is no ‘one fits all’ treatment for alcohol dependence. Everyone is different. The experienced councillors at these establishments understand this completely. A client’s history, current situation and issues will be discussed with each client. A rapport will be established and a treatment plan agreed. This will have flexibility and will be the subject of very regular discussion. This approach allows a client to maximize treatment benefits.
- Fully focused: There will be no distractions or temptations in terms of alcohol use, the individually tailored treatment will progress with recovery constantly in mind, and a client will have support on hand any time it is needed.
Do not deny the need for assistance:
Denial is a huge barrier for those with alcohol dependence issues but it must be overcome.
Any rehab assistance sought is an admirable and positive step in the right direction, but a stint at an inpatient rehab establishment is seen as particularly effective due to its fully focused attributes.
If you would like to discuss more about rehab or have one of our professional advisors contact you, please visit Dara Rehab