This article is intended to be used by the general public for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be used as a reference for educational research papers, nor is it a reflection of the services available through our Rehab Program in Thailand.
Alcohol rehabilitation is a structured program designed to help alcohol addicts come out of their addiction and lead a normal life. The rehabilitation program comprises of individual and group based activities to help persons gain the confidence to pull themselves through the course of treatment and achieve a successful outcome.
The Structure of Alcohol Rehabilitation Program
These rehabilitation programs have defined protocols for admitting a person, including adhering to strict confidentiality. The alcohol rehabilitation programs mainly consist of the following activities:
• Medical Assistance – Expert medical advice is provided to every individual depending on the individual’s past medical history and current physical examination.
• Alcohol Detoxification – The body of the addict is detoxified and the remnants of alcohol are flushed out of the system; withdrawal symptoms are managed through the use of medications under medical supervision.
• Group Counseling – Group counseling and therapy is incorporated into the treatment program to help isolated individuals interact in social groups, to make them strong enough to face the society once in recovery, to deal with intra- and inter-personal issues, and to teach clients the necessary skills to lead a clean and sober life.
• One to One Counseling – Individual counseling sessions are also carried out to rebuild confidence, to gain insight in to the client’s addiction, and to impart skills for sobriety.
• Aftercare – Regular follow up appointments are arranged to ensure the individual remains sober once finishing the program.
[flickr size=”small” float=”right”]5377288740[/flickr]
An alcohol rehabilitation program is designed and structured by expert medical and psychological industry experts. The program is specifically designed keeping in mind the alcohol addicted person who finds it difficult to come out of their addiction on their own. The rehabilitation program is structured in layers as a set of medical and psychological treatments tailored according to the client’s history and medical condition. For the most part, the program has a generic structure with minor or major variations depending on the client and rehab center. Drug & Alcohol Rehab Asia provides one of the best alcohol rehabilitation programs to help people overcome alcohol addiction.
Benefits of Alcohol Rehabilitation Program
Following the completion of a properly structured alcohol rehabilitation program, an individual not only regains lost confidence in living a healthy life, but also gets a second opportunity to gain control over life. The former addict can start leading a normal life and enjoy a life free from alcohol and drugs. The programs are extremely result oriented and focus on inculcating new priorities into the individual who had lost all hope of leading a happy life.